Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dear 3 friends...

"Why a blog?"

Well, I've decided that I don't want to inundate hapless Facebook folk with my mini-amusements during the day, and I am seriously disturbed by Twitter (to be addressed at a later date, I'm sure) so I've created a place to collect all my thoughts, or rather, the things that strike me as crazy/beautiful/brilliant/disturbing. There is simply too much out there to go unnoticed, so even if only one person reads this, my soul will be settled. It isn't much more complicated than that, so I guess I'll just dive right in.

Twist and Shout?
I recall being quite bewildered by this video when it was first released. I'm very pleased to report that after stumbling upon it again some 20 or so years later, I still have no idea what they were thinking. Salt N' Pepa drenched in sepia tones, playing air guitar? Curly pompadours and poodle skirts? Why didn't anyone stop them? There was certainly time; music videos don't just spring up over night, at least not the ones made in 1988.

1 comment: